We’re so happy when we make you happy! Find out why our customers choose us – read our reviews here.
Screen rooms are usually connected to the home or they may be a stand-alone area in your front or back yard outside of the house. In either case, they offer your friends and family a variety of benefits
- A place to entertain, regardless of the rain.
- A means to appreciate the outdoors… without having to be continually harassed by mosquitoes and other flying unwanted pests.
Most home owners love to be able to relax outside, and to really enjoy the pleasant breeze the summer season brings along. One problem would be that the insects and sometimes debris like leaves or propeller seeds always manage to hamper their time spent experiencing and enjoying the open air. It may seem that there is no way to truly enjoy unwinding with a book or eating a hamburger without having some pest or debris flying around – and it doesn’t have to be the case with screen rooms.
We can easily transform your existing porch into your very own Screen Room – or – build one from scratch. In any case, you’ll have your very own little indoor/outdoor piece of heaven in your own home.
The simple inclusion of a fire pit or custom stone fireplace will likely improve the way in which you connect to your outdoor spaces. Combine any one of these with a brand new covered porch or pergola, plus some innovative outdoor furniture and you’ll really see the experience of ‘Outdoor Living’ awaken!
If backyard grilling is your passion, think about a barbecue pit, outside pizza oven or perhaps even an full outdoor kitchen. If you’re more prone to grab takeout or schedule a catering service, yet still like to entertain at your residence, you likely don’t require an full out-of-doors cooking area in the backyard. However a fantastic way to get your visitors outdoors is with a fire pit or outdoor hearth.
Hosting your parties can be tricky if you live in a smallish house. A key benefit of incorporating an out of doors entertaining spot is basically that you increase your living area. Not only is it wonderful for entertaining, it also may increase the valuation of your home as well as the appeal of your landscaping.
The ‘outdoor living‘ phenomena is continuing to create homes that are more desirable to prospective buyers, and in addition it offers you tons of satisfaction at the same time. Going on a cost per sq . ft . basis, there’s just not a better investment decision than outdoor living. Call us today to see how easy it is to start living – outdoors!
If you are doing a home renovation project to further improve the curb appeal, it’s important to update your garage doors. In fact, it covers one-third of your home façade and it is the very first thing people see when they enter into the home.
“Regardless of whether a homeowner decides to replace their entry-level garage door with a mid-grade door, or change out their mid-level door for one at a higher price point, garage door replacement takes two of the top three spots for improvements that cost less than $5,000,” said Joe Dachowicz, vice president of marketing at Overhead Door Corporation, one of the nation’s largest manufacturers of overhead doors and openers for residential and commercial applications.
Remodeling magazine’s 2014 Cost vs. Value survey reveals that garage door replacement delivers an average 83.7
percent return on investment (ROI) for homeowners while costing around $1,500, far less than other popular home
improvement projects, like a major kitchen remodel (about $55,000) or a family room addition (about $81,000). This
makes mid-range garage door replacement one of the most affordable home improvements and best values that
homeowners can undertake, says Joe Dachowicz, vice president of marketing at Overhead Door Corporation, one of
the nation’s largest manufacturers of overhead doors and openers for residential and commercial applications.
“For so many house styles, the garage door is a home’s largest exterior feature, so this is a great space to give a
facelift,” said Dachowicz. “By upgrading an ordinary garage door with one that complements the rest of the home,
owners can dramatically improve their home’s curb appeal at a very affordable price.”
Nearly all busy households employ the garage door as the home’s principal doorway. Considering that, garage door replacement is not solely a nice way to welcome yourself home each day, but a wonderful strategy to help your home stand out from your neighbors’. Call us and we’ll show you how big a difference a garage door upgrade can make!
Columns add a sense of sophistication to your project, and can transform an ordinary porch into something quite grand. Ever wonder about the origin of columns in building? Here’s a snippet from Melton Classics.
The Timeless Orders of Architecture – Architectural Columns
The classic column designs of Melton Classics are based on the timeless Orders of Architecture laid down in the 1500’s by the Italian Renaissance architect Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola. Vignola codified the rules of classical column architecture from Greek and Roman architecture on which the design and proportions of the Orders of Architecture are based. Classical columns are based on temples from ancient Greece and Rome and are constructed with specific diameter to height ratios based on the Column Order, or design.
Columns are excellent in adding beauty, architectural details and performance into a home. Oftentimes, columns are utilized for structural purposes – these are load bearing columns. However, homeowners may install columns to add architectural beauty. It could define spaces between rooms, becoming room dividers. Many a new home has some classical columns between the formal dining room and formal living room.
Here are a few ways you might use columns:
- Add interesting aspects: When you add a column to the outside of your home, you might be adding curb appeal. Imagine a plain traditional home, and by adding a pair of columns you can make it look stately.
- Room divider: Although decorative columns might not be as functional as the actual ones as far as load bearing properties are concerned, they continue to be functional when used as a room divider to define the rooms. So, if two rooms share a space with no walls or door between them, the pair of columns may give that sense of separation and distinction. They have also been used in master baths adorning the whirlpool tub or in the kitchen framing the bar-peninsula.
- Framing art pieces: Here’s a neat trick using split columns (those that may be purchased in 2 pieces cut lengthwise). Each half is used to frame an enormous wall mural painting.
- Wrap ugly load bearing pillars: If you’ve owned or visited a house with an unfinished basement and there are load bearing elements, the hollowed columns split in 2 can be utilized to wrap these unattractive columns or foundations so as to add sophistication in the room. This can help in converting the unfinished basement into another functional living space.
- Fireplace mantle: You can cut a column that comes in 1 whole piece into 2 pieces (or just buy a 2-piece unit) to border a plain fireplace to design a distinctive mantle.
What is so nice about decorative columns is that the possibilities are endless. You can even paint the columns to mimic the style of marble. Done right, you couldn’t tell these columns weren’t real marble.
We’ll be glad to assist you in choosing and installing the columns of your dreams.